About Me...

I am currently a student at the University of South Alabama and plan on graduating in May 2011. I chose elementary education because I have always wanted to be a teacher. I have high expectations for students and know that I can help make a difference in their lives. I hope to create an environment in my future class that lets children be creative and open to new learning experiences.

Technology in the Classroom

I have learned so much this semester about how technology is important in a classroom. It has so many possibilities and positive effects on students of all ages. By integrating technology into school we will be able to grab the students attention. They are using technology everyday and I believe it is a great way to make learning relevant. This however, coincides with being a co-learner. We have to be open to learning the new technology. As I have read recently, technology is not going away so we need to accept it and integrate it. I think it could be so much fun to be able to learn and keep up with the ever-changing technology. It can also be extremely helpful outside the classroom by helping to keep the parents involved. Having a class blog/website where they can see what is going on in their child's class will help them feel connected.