About Me...

I am currently a student at the University of South Alabama and plan on graduating in May 2011. I chose elementary education because I have always wanted to be a teacher. I have high expectations for students and know that I can help make a difference in their lives. I hope to create an environment in my future class that lets children be creative and open to new learning experiences.

Being a Co-Learner

I believe that as a teacher you must be a life-long learner. We have to be able to relate to the students and make things relevant to them. The only way we can accomplish this is by keeping up with new technology and ideas. I believe that by showing we are making an effort, to learn and to try new things with them, that they will in turn be more open to our ideas. However, this does not just benefit the students. This will help us accomplish goals that we set for ourselves and hopefully prevent us from becoming stagnant, boring teachers. Let's face it, if we are bored teaching, the students will be bored too. I believe that this is a goal that can be attained very easily with a little effort.