About Me...

I am currently a student at the University of South Alabama and plan on graduating in May 2011. I chose elementary education because I have always wanted to be a teacher. I have high expectations for students and know that I can help make a difference in their lives. I hope to create an environment in my future class that lets children be creative and open to new learning experiences.

Open Environment

I believe that great things can be accomplished when students are allowed to use their creativity. For this reason, I want to have a class that is secure and open, where students feel free to voice their opinions and ideas. I have heard so much lately about "burp back education" and I have realized that I never want a class like that. I think that when students are free to discuss and share ideas they build confidence in themselves. This will allow them to acquire so much more knowledge than the traditional classroom setting. As I said in my teaching philosophy, I am a big advocate for teaching in different styles. I know that not everyone learns in the same way. By having an open environment, I will be able to accomplish my goal of making learning relevant to them. If they are not interested, they will not learn. The whole point is making sure that they are successful learners. We need to be their guide in education and start them on a path to success.