About Me...

I am currently a student at the University of South Alabama and plan on graduating in May 2011. I chose elementary education because I have always wanted to be a teacher. I have high expectations for students and know that I can help make a difference in their lives. I hope to create an environment in my future class that lets children be creative and open to new learning experiences.

Making Connections

I have learned so much this semester about the importance of connections. Not only can connections help you as a teacher with ideas and support, it can also be helpful to your students. Making connections with other students and classes, especially around the world, can help open the eyes of our students to other cultures and ideas. I did Comments4Kids this semester, and I saw so many positive things come from it. We were able to connect to so many students and it was so much fun. I believe this will help make our class diverse and a lot more interesting. I hope to be able to provide my future students with the amazing experience of connecting to so many different people.