About Me...

I am currently a student at the University of South Alabama and plan on graduating in May 2011. I chose elementary education because I have always wanted to be a teacher. I have high expectations for students and know that I can help make a difference in their lives. I hope to create an environment in my future class that lets children be creative and open to new learning experiences.

Accountability

While I want an open, fun environment in my classroom, I believe the students need to be accountable for their actions. I realize that the classroom is not a perfect place. For this reason, I believe the students should have consequences for their actions, whether they are good or bad. With effective classroom management and positive reinforcement, I will be able to set up a positive environment. I will have posted rules and guidelines that will allow the students to always know how they should be behaving. This will allow me to discipline the students who do not follow the rules. However, students who behave well and always follow directions, need to know that I notice them too. I believe it is extremely important for students to hear when they are doing something great. I hope that by doing this they will gain confidence within themselves.